Monday, June 7, 2010

counting down

one of the funny graffiti walls in Malang


Casey Storm?

So much drama at the clinic today ...it was a less than satisfying balur.
They were very busy with many patients so they kept running from room to room and my mom and I both felt rushed and kind of irritated at the lack of focus... then when I was about 2/3 of the way through the power went out. They tried to start a generator which looked 75 years old but it only made my room smell like gassy fumes... As I sat there in the dark, covered in grit and sauces they told me the guy was there to take my blood... for this they brought in a battery powered lamp that looked like it was the set of M.A.S.H....got an enema in the dark too...It was a guessing game! I just wanted it to end ...but there was no water in my bathroom. So I filled a bucket and poured it over my head and went home with a slight film of egg whites. I really want to end in a good note so I am going back tomorrow with a better attitude, I texted with Walde and I think it will be fine...Meanwhile we are trying to get our equipment and supplies ready to bring home... there are millions of packets and frozen things and cigarettes Lord knows how we are going to get it together. It is the countdown...I don't know what will happen when I get home, I am excited to see...
xxxooo

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that todays balur was such a drag - it sounded awful. I am sure tomorrow will be better and you can end on a good note. I can't wait for you to get back either - even though I wont be there. Think positive - you seem to be mastering the art!
    XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. that IS casey storm! he is everywhere.

    countdown! countdown! countdown!

    ReplyDelete